Monday, April 5, 2010

Heart 2 Heart Challenge #1


Today starts the first challenge of many with Heart 2 Heart Challenges featuring Close to My Heart products. With this card I used a standard 5 1/2 x 4" card base, sunflower card stock, chocolate and sweet leaf inks.
Distress the card base edges with chocolate ink. Using a 5 1/4" x 3 3/4" piece of sunflower cardstock I stamped a background image using black ink.
Using a 4 1/2" x 3" piece of colonial white cardstock, scallop the edges and draw black lines around the edge.
Distress a 4 1/4" x 2 3/4" piece of colonial white with chocolate ink. Stamp with the same background stamp, again in black ink and draw black lines around the edges.
Cut out a 3" heart from colonial white and distress with sweet leaf ink. Again, draw black lines around the edges.
Adhere in layers in the same order as instructions above. I used 3D foam squares on the scalloped piece and the heart to give dimension to the card.
Hope everyone enjoys this simple but elegant card that takes 30 minutes to make.
Happy Crafting!

12 comments:

  1. I love it! I love that it's simple but still has the "wow" factor! Great job on the challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a nice and simple card with an aged feel to it. I like the visual texture with the background stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the background image - it is just enough to make this a simple yet fab card! Thanks for playing along with H2H Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of detail packed into this card. I could see this done with the Dimensional Elements Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I Love the Background image too! Thanks for playing with us at H2H!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWZERS....love this card!!! Thanks for joining in on the FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I just can't stop looking at this card! I totally love it, you did an awesome job with the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice card! Thanks for joining in on our first challenge.

    ReplyDelete